1. What is Veevr?
Veevr.com is a revolutionary online video publishing platform that gives users the power to easily discover, watch, and personalize their entertainment viewing experience. Veevr allows people to easily upload and share video clips on www.Veevr.com and across the Internet through websites, mobile devices, blogs, and email.
Veevr is basically spelt as "Viewer".
2. Who uses Veevr?
Everyone on the World Wide Web. Millions of people from all over the world visit Veevr each day to upload, share and watch their favorite video content and other important data.
Video related Questions:
1. What do I need to view Veevr’s videos?
2. Why is the video not playing?
You might need to update you browser's Flash plug-in; download the latest version here:
3. Why can't I hear anything when a video is playing?
Check if the video player's speaker icon is not crossed off. This icon is located between the seek bar and the volume control (left corner of the player).
If the player sound is not muted, make sure that you have the latest version of Flash Player - go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ for more information.
4. Why is the video not playing properly? Why is the video lagging?
Your connection might not be fast enough to watch streaming videos, or your computer's processor may be too slow - both may lead to lag.
If you pause the video and wait for it to download completely (watch the grey progress bar within the seek bar) it should play without a problem. If you're still facing issues, then try to close all your external applications and then stream the video (This would help users whose computers have lower configurations).
5. What is the difference between HD, HQ and LQ versions of Veevr’s videos?
HD – Very high quality videos with 720p and above resolutions (supported upto 1080p on Veevr). Since these videos are of extremely High Quality, it will take a while for such videos to buffer and stream, so it is recommended to have a fast internet connection.
HQ – Moderately High quality videos (usually around 640x352 resolution)
Users with moderate PC configurations and moderate internet connections should be able to stream the HQ videos without any major issues. If you face any particular error or issue while streaming a video, please contact Technical Support.
LQ – Medium or Low quality videos, provided for users with slow internet connections or low configurations pc’s.
1. How do I upload videos to Veevr?
Once you are logged in:
1. Click the "Upload" option in the header (Main menu)
2. Click "Browse" and select the video file you want to upload (or) Enter a Remote URL for a Video (Example: http://example.com/my_favoirite_clip.avi)
3. Complete the required fields:
b. Description (few details about your video)
c. Tags (at least two keywords related to the video)
d. Select the Category the Video would belong to
f. Settings: Choose your video’s Privacy, Comments, Tags, Likes & Embed settings.
Note: The required time to upload a video depends upon your connection speed (or the speed of the remote server if you remote upload the video) and the size of the video. Once the video has been uploaded, you must wait until the video has been encoded before you can watch it on the site.
There is no limit to the number of videos you can upload per day or in total.
2. Where can I find my “Currently Encoding Videos"?
You can track all your ongoing/current video uploads from here:
3. Where can I find my “Live Videos"?
You can track all the Live videos in your account from here:
4. Why does it say there is an error on one of my videos?
The Error Message may appear due to 2 reasons.
a) Uploading Error
Uploading Error's might happen in the case of Remote Uploaded videos wherein the remote file/server may stop responding in between the upload progress.
b) Encoding Error
Encoding errors may occur when the format of the uploaded video is not supported by Veevr. To avoid these errors, we recommend uploading videos in the following formats: Avi, asf, mov, wmv, mpg, mpeg, mp4, flv or mkv formats
Encoding errors may also occur if your video is not optimized for the web or is not of a supported format. If you repeatedly receive encoding errors, please contact Technical Support.
5. What video formats does Veevr Support?
You can upload videos to Veevr in the following formats: Avi, asf, mov, wmv, mpg, mpeg, mp4, flv or mkv.
6. How do I ‘Remote Upload’ videos?
Remote uploads enable uploading of files from other servers instead of uploading them from your own PC.
To Remote Upload a video:
- Select the Remote Upload option on the Upload page (above the Upload Button). Copy the source-URL of your video and paste it in the field next to the Remote Upload option.
The process is usually very fast, because Veevr possesses a powerful internet connection. However, it may happen that the server, on which the video file is stored, is overloaded and the transfer takes longer.
Please note that a remote upload is cancelled after 24 hours if it is not completed by then.
7. Can I remote upload videos from sites such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, Megavideo, etc?
Yes, you can! Since this is a question that many of our members frequently ask, we have decided to explain the process in our FAQ’s itself. To upload a video from a site like Rapidshare, Megaupload, Megavideo, etc, you need to follow the following procedure:
To remote upload from Rapidshare, use the following format:
Username = Your Rapidshare Premium Account Username
Password = Your Rapidshare Premium Account password
Similarly, to remote to remote upload from Megaupload or Megavideo, use the following format:
Username = Your Megaupload Premium Account Username
Password = Your Megaupload Premium Account password
Note: Your external accounts username's and passwords are entered in encrypted form and are not saved on our servers, to prevent any unnecessary misunderstandings.
Registration & Account Settings:
1. Can I use Veevr without creating an account?
Yes, you can watch public videos without creating an account. But by creating an account you will be able to:
- Upload and share videos with your friends and family.
- Comment, discuss and rate videos that you watch.
- Join and create Channels and invite your friends to join it.
- Create your own playlists
- Expand your friends circle by getting in touch with other members
Go ahead and become a member of the Veevr community by creating your own account - it's free!
2. How do I create a Veevr account?
It's simple, and it's free!
1. Go to the registration page: http://www.Veevr.com/register
a. A username (login)
b. your email address
c. a password for your Veevr account
3. Read and Accept Veevr's Terms and Conditions
4. Click "Register"
5. You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you register (usually under a minute). Click the link it contains to validate your account.
3. How do I activate my account?
If you did not receive the confirmation email, make sure to check your spam box first. If you still can't find the confirmation email:
1. Attempt to login with your username and password
2. You will be asked if you want to be resent the confirmation email
If you did not receive a confirmation email this time either, please contact technical support with the following information:
- Your username on Veevr
- The email address you registered with
Accounts that haven't been activated will automatically be deleted after 4 days.
4. I registered, but I am unable to login. Why?
After you’ve registered on Veevr, you will be sent an Activation email to the email id you registered with (this is to ensure that you registered with the correct email id).
PLEASE CLICK ON THE VERIFICATION LINK WITHIN THE ‘ACCOUNT CONFIRMATION EMAIL’, to verify your email id and activate your account.
Click here to request your verification email to be resent.
5. How do I log in to my Veevr account?
1. Click "login" at the top right of the header
2. Enter your correct username and password
3. Click "Submit"
That's it, you're in. To access your profile page, click on your "username" on the top right corner of the page. Please verify that your browser accepts cookies, so that your login credentials will be saved for next time.
6. How do I retrieve a forgotten password?
For security reasons, you cannot retrieve a forgotten password. You can, however, create a new one.
To reset your password:
1. Click "Login" in the header
2. Below the login fields, click "Forgot Password"
3. Enter the email address associated with your Veevr account
4. Click "Submit"
5. An email with a new password for your account will be sent to you.
6. Login using your new password (You can change it from your Profile page)
7. How do I change my username?
For technical reasons, you cannot change your username.
When you create an account on Veevr, your username is permanently associated with your account and URL. However, if you find it imperative that you change your username; contact Technical Support Team with your reasons to do so.
8. How do I delete my profile/account?
As of now, you can only do this by contacting our Technical Team via the Technical Support page.
Warning: Deleting your account will delete all of your videos and contacts from the website.
9. How do I change my email address?
Once you are logged in:
1. Go to your profile page, select "account settings" and then "Email & Password" in the left sidebar
1. A new email address
2. Confirm that address,
3. Your Veevr password
4. Click "Save"
You will receive one email at your former address and another confirmation email at your new address - you have 4 days to confirm your new email address.
10. How do I manage email notifications?
By default, you will receive email notifications when comments are left on your profile or videos, or when you receive a message in your inbox.
You can change your email notification options by:
1. Going to your profile page, selecting "account settings" and then "Notification settings" in the left sidebar
2. Select the notifications that you want to receive
3. Click "Save Changes" to validate your changes